Answered

New Sonos Arc and Sonos Amp theater not working

• 14 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

I spent most of the day setting up my new Sonos system, it required me to deactivate most of my old components but I finally was able to reset everything install the S2 app and add some of the new components. The first room I added was my theater room with an arc, a subwoofer, and a Sonos amp for the rear surrounds. My app shows that all components were installed and set up correctly, but I get no sound from the rear surround speakers. I tested the wiring to the speakers and it tested fine. I have played music and movies I set the surrounds to full and to ambient and have no response from them. Attached is a diagnostic 1010928060

icon

Best answer by Kyle A 15 September 2020, 20:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Smartwired, welcome to the community.

I checked the diagnostic, is the Amp in another room away from the Arc? 

because I can see it hard wired to the network and the Wireless setting disbaled on the Den Amp.

Wireless setting disabled on the Den Amp prevents the communication between the Arc and Den Amp.

Also, If you want to hard wire the amp you’ll need to hard wire the Sonos Arc too.

Let us know if you need further assistance and how the suggestion goes.

Userlevel 2

Thanks.  The amp is in a different room but both the amp and arc are wired to the network.  I had to manually disable the wifi on both devices and then it started working.  

Strange that it couldn't auto sense the wifi.

Thanks again

Matt

I am having a very similar issue to this. I am attempting to add surrounds (sonance in ceiling speakers) using the new connect Amp. Unfortunately, even after pairing them with the Arc, I cannot get TV sound to play via the amp/ceiling speakers. I have tried everything but with no luck. Any ideas?

The CONNECT:AMP, or the Sonos Amp? They’re two very different setups. See the setting up Amp or CONNECT:AMP as surround speakers FAQ 

The CONNECT:AMP, or the Sonos Amp? They’re two very different setups. See the setting up Amp or CONNECT:AMP as surround speakers FAQ 

It is the Sonos Amp.