Multiple components with 2018 AMP

• 30 November 2018
  • 0 replies

Badge
Hi,
I've ordered the new Amp for music listening in 1 room, and am considering changing my home theater setup to use the new 2018 AMP instead of a traditional AVR for seamless music between the 2 rooms (no issues with AVR processing delays). I have hard wired front speakers, so I would opt for the 2 Sonos 1 rear channels and have a 4.1 setup.

My question is regarding how to manage multiple components with just 1 HDMI in on the 2018 AMP. I've got 3 sources (HTPC, Xbox, Switch) The way I see it, there are 2 options:
1) Get an HDMI switcher with at least 3 inputs and 2 outputs. Send 1 output to the AMP and 1 to the TV.
2) Get an HDMI switcher with 1 output and send that output to the TV, and then use an HDMI ARC connection from the TV back to the Sonos 2018 AMP
(note, I'll use an HDMI switch because the components are not located near the TV and it doesn't make sense to plug them all into the TV directly from that distance)

So, what are the pros/cons of these options. Would syncing be better with option 2 since the Sonos and TV are on the same HDMI ARC connection?
Any other suggestions?
I've always used an AVR in the past and plugged all components into the TV. I do not use the TV apps.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.