Answered

Multichannel PCM on Arc

Show first post

328 replies

Userlevel 1

Please can we have an update on this?

I really would like to purchase Sonos Arc to go now with upcoming ps5 but without lpcm its pointless. 

I’d also like to request that we get an update on the progress. Pretty hard to recommend the ARC right now to anybody given its limitations.

Agreed. I am over Sonos right now. I’ve spent a lot of money on their products, and the lack of respect that they show their customers is offensive. Please Sonos, give us an update on where things lie with LPCM. Also, support DTS. Your customers are asking for it. Is Sonos a customer centric company?  I can’t see evidence of that.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’d also like to request that we get an update on the progress. Pretty hard to recommend the ARC right now to anybody given its limitations.

Userlevel 2

Can we please get a status update on this? 5 months is a real long time for this feature..

Userlevel 1

This becomes ridiculous, we spoke here about the flagship soundbar. What's going on ??

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

First time Sonos customer here. I spent $1700 total on an Arc, Sub (Gen 3), and two Symfonisk bookshelf speakers as rear channels. It’s utterly astounding that all these months later, there *still* isn’t even an ETA or timeline on this. 

Can we please get an update here? 

It was an incredible oversight the most basic digital audio format wasn’t automatically supported at launch and it’s becoming increasingly absurd that the situation hasn’t been urgently rectified.

Considering the device already supports dolby mat, lpcm with additional metadata, this should not be hard to implement.

Userlevel 2

Still waiting here Sonos!

Looking forward to this being supported. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I do get this on my LG 55NANO866

also Atmos without DD+

Are you saying that when using “pass through” you managed to see Multi-channel PCM on Sonos? Is that since 12.1 update?

The above is Dolby MAT, which is supported. His TV probably did the conversion. 

This was on automatic.

First time Sonos customer here. I spent $1700 total on an Arc, Sub (Gen 3), and two Symfonisk bookshelf speakers as rear channels. It’s utterly astounding that all these months later, there *still* isn’t even an ETA or timeline on this. 

Can we please get an update here? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

also Atmos without DD+

Are you saying that when using “pass through” you managed to see Multi-channel PCM on Sonos? Is that since 12.1 update?

The above is Dolby MAT, which is supported. His TV probably did the conversion. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Can we get an update on this? @Annazel S @Simon B @Krishma M @Rowena B. @Mark P 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

also Atmos without DD+

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Not sure how to subscribe to that thread other than by posting :grin:

I too would to see this feature together with DTS support :rofl:

After being on the “Support Line” for an hour asking why my Nintendo switch wasn't putting our surround sound and not getting an answer, I thought I’d try the forums and lo and behold straight away the issue is here. How has this not been sorted after 4+ months? 

This is rediculous the switch has sold MILLIONS. Sonos pull your finger out and sort this out. And while you at it train your support staff to be able to deal with stuff instead of just reading from a script for an hour. Pathetic. I would have stuck with my receiver if I knew this was going to be the result of switching.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

5 months later and a $800 soundbar / $2k TV with a Switch outputs stereo. It’s embarrassing. 

Its embarrassing that Nintendo are too cheap to pay for a Dolby license, for sure.

Yeah but no one EXPECTS that from Nintendo, they are never leading edge on any graphical or sound technologies. I expect Sonos to be plug and play and support standards out of the box. Their whole selling point is that’s it’s premium sound and easy to use. 

But to your failed point, my Apple TV also outputs Stereo too because of this. It’s completely unacceptable and quit trying to defend their shortcomings. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

5 months later and a $800 soundbar / $2k TV with a Switch outputs stereo. It’s embarrassing. 

Its embarrassing that Nintendo are too cheap to pay for a Dolby license, for sure.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Second this, with PS5 a likely contender for LPCM output (they’ve stated no Dolby support for gaming) this is becoming a priority requirement.

Userlevel 2

I think we deserve an update from Sonos on this. A ballpark ETA would be really appreciated considering the price of the surprisingly sparsely featured “premium” soundbar...

I spent like an hour this morning trying to work out why the Nintendo switch was not outputting 5.1 to my brand new Arc.

I was checking the TV, the cables, TV settings the lot. But… i never looked at the ARC because lets be honest, who would have thought in a million years that the Arc would not support LCPM a format that has been around since the dawn of multi channel auto.

Really disappointed, should have just stayed with the Sono Playbar that was there… lol

I know just own a really expensive set of Stereo Speakers..:disappointed_relieved:

I assume Sonos has yet to give an ETA on when LPCM is coming to the Arc? It’s been over four months and it’s annoying to have to switch audio settings on the Apple TV constantly

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

also Atmos without DD+

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Nvm not LPCM

Badge

Disappointed still no LPCM support with 12.1