Answered

Multichannel PCM on Arc

Show first post

328 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Are you really not supporting multichannel PCM on the newly announced Arc?

Why? It’s not a licensing issue this time.

It seems like there is always something missing with your home theater products.

No multi channel PCM means no 5.1 for Nintendo Switch. Arghhh agree always something missing. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi Rubeo, I can’t speak to specifics on why it wasn’t included, but I’ll make sure the team knows people are asking for it. Thanks for reaching out!

This is the biggest take away I’ve had so far from the announcement.

I do a lot of gaming on my PC and PC games are nearly all using multi channel uncomrpessed audio. So if this new soundbar is unable to take that multi channel audio and then upmix it into atmos output then I can’t buy it. I’d love to upgrade for Atmos, but it sounds like my PC games will still just have 2 channel audio on this new soundbar.

Can you confirm if this is the case, or will the Arc upmix multi channel PC gaming sound into surround sound/atmos?

With the Playbar if I plug my PC in, then the Playbar only outputs 2.1 and the my rear Sonos play 1 surrounds dont output any sound at all. All I want is for the Arc to output Atmos and the rear Play 1s to make some sound instead of sitting dead quiet

I know for a fact that nearly every dolby atmos AVR on the market will upmix multi channel sound from a PC into Atmos or Dolby TrueHD. Surely Arc should be able to do the same

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi Rubeo, I can’t speak to specifics on why it wasn’t included, but I’ll make sure the team knows people are asking for it. Thanks for reaching out!