• 23 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7

My setup:

• Sonos Arc + Sub (Gen 3) + Play:1s
  • Panasonic ST60 Plasma (2013) with HDMI ARC
  • HDFury Arcana eARC Adapter
  • Panasonic UB820 UHD Blu-ray Player

When watching DTS-encoded Blu-rays, I have always set my Panasonic UHD player to convert DTS to PCM so the Arc would output DTS audio as “Multichannel PCM 7.1”. This has worked great. Today, I set the DTS setting on the UHD player to Bitstream instead of PCM with the expectation of getting Stereo PCM audio from the Arc (since Sonos still doesn’t support DTS audio). But to my surprise, the Sonos app still reported “Multichannel PCM 7.1”.

Has it always been this way? Has it been this way since the multichannel LPCM update last November and I just never noticed it because I kept the UHD setting on DTS to PCM? Or has there been a recent update that allows the Arc to take the bitstream DTS signal and do the DTS to LPCM conversion on its own?

icon

Best answer by James L. 24 September 2021, 09:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hey @GuitarSuperstar,

I’ve checked through the past few releases and couldn’t find any mention of an update that might do this. So I suspect it may have always been the case since the introduction of LPCM support :slight_smile: