Answered

Move Playbar from room with Sub to new room with paired One SL

• 6 August 2021
  • 4 replies

I am trialing a new ARC by replacing my playbar that was paired with a Sub, with the ARC. That part went ok, now have the ARC and the sub paired, all though Im not convinced the ARC is that great yet (dont have TV with Dolby Atmos )

I also have a room with two One SL’s paired. I want to move the playbar to that room and pair it to the One SL’s. 

The playbar when turned on, comes up as another Room “Family 2”, the ARC and sub are “Family”.

I dont seem to be able to unpair or move the playbar anywhere?

How do I pair it with the two one SL’s ??

Oh the SL’s are on wireless, and the playbar is on wired eth.

thanks

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 August 2021, 11:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

@furry035 

I will assume all devices have been setup in the same Sonos Household, although that’s not entirely clear in your post…

To ‘bond’ the Playbar with your two One SL speakers as surrounds, you must first break apart the stereo pairing so that the One SL’s are standalone with their own room names. Once that’s done you can then goto the Playbar room in "Settings/System” and begin to attach them as surrounds.

Hope that solves your issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And a room name is just that: an easily changed name. See: 

@furry035 

I will assume all devices have been setup in the same Sonos Household, although that’s not entirely clear in your post…

To ‘bond’ the Playbar with your two One SL speakers as surrounds, you must first break apart the stereo pairing so that the One SL’s are standalone with their own room names. Once that’s done you can then goto the Playbar room in "Settings/System” and begin to attach them as surrounds.

Hope that solves your issue.

Hey @Ken_Griffiths 

Yes sorry the rooms are all in the one household. Your answer worked thanks very much.

Just seemed to take a minute or so for the two One SL’s to be in sync with the audio that was playing compared to the playbar, almost like they were buffering for a few seconds. This issue appears gone now all good at the moment.

I notice now on my router info page that the playbar (now connected on wireless) is the only device on the 2.4Ghz in this room, the two One SL’s have disappeared, yet are still working wirelessly. What is sonos doing here ?

thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The surrounds are commanded by the Playbar via a dedicated 5Ghz link between them and the Playbar. Sonos chose this because it is the fastest way to transport a signal and with TV sound sync is essential.