Message " One of your speakers could be unplugged" is coming up for Play base speaker

• 13 July 2018
  • 9 replies

Message " One of your speakers could be unplugged" is coming up for Play base speaker" even though it is connected. But the Playbase is working fine with TV . I noticed this issue from the time i upgrade to the latest software(AirPlay Version). Looks like the Playbase is not connected to Network and that could be causing the issue. Any help is appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Message " One of your speakers could be unplugged" is coming up for Play base speaker" even though it is connected. But the Playbase is working fine with TV . I noticed this issue from the time i upgrade to the latest software(AirPlay Version). Looks like the Playbase is not connected to Network and that could be causing the issue. Any help is appreciated.

Hi ManojG,

Welcome to the community. Most of the time a simple reboot gets speakers back online when they drop off. Try removing the PLAYBASE from power for ten seconds, plug it back in, and see if it reconnects. If not, this guide has some more troubleshooting suggestions.

If you're still not seeing the PLAYBASE, please send in a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number, I'll take a look for you.
Hi Jeff, Thankyou so much for your reply

I rebooted multiple times .Some more information . Hope it helps .

Basically the controller is not recognizing Play Base on WIFI.
So I tried connecting with network cable and able configure all speakers ( Playbase , Sub, 2Play ones ) successfully . Then I disconnected and moved the speakers to their original location( my router is in a different room ) , hoping all will set . But unfortunately same problem “ one of your speaker could be unplugged” message comes up and not even allow me to go inside the controller.

I just submitted and the confirmation number is: 996282806.

Please help .hope it is a minor one .

Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff, Thankyou so much for your reply

I rebooted multiple times .Some more information . Hope it helps .

Basically the controller is not recognizing Play Base on WIFI.
So I tried connecting with network cable and able configure all speakers ( Playbase , Sub, 2Play ones ) successfully . Then I disconnected and moved the speakers to their original location( my router is in a different room ) , hoping all will set . But unfortunately same problem “ one of your speaker could be unplugged” message comes up and not even allow me to go inside the controller.

I just submitted and the confirmation number is: 996282806.

Please help .hope it is a minor one .

Thank you

Thanks for sending the diagnostic report. It's not clear why your PLAYBASE isn't connecting. Can you try temporarily wiring your PLAYBASE into your network with an ethernet cable? This should get the unit connected long enough for a new diagnostic report. With that diagnostic number I can take a look at the logs from the PLAYBASE itself.
Hi Jeff , I continued my analysis from past 2 days.
Here are my latest findings. Hope it helps.

I found that these issues are observed due to Speakers could not get connected to Wireless Network.
Not sure why this is happening all of sudden because i was using these speakers on the same wireless network from past 8 months.

I reset all my speakers ( Play-base,Sub and 2 Play 1s) . Reset my Router.

Current status : Speakers could not get connected to wireless network even though I am using a 5 MHz wireless network. As i mentioned above i had used my speakers on the same network all these 8 months

Working fine when i connect the speakers to Ethernet Cable.

I just submitted a diagnostic report with my Play base connected with Ethernet cable # is 1415741648.

Please help me to fix this issue. I raised a helpline ticket but no response from them
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff , I continued my analysis from past 2 days.
Here are my latest findings. Hope it helps.

I found that these issues are observed due to Speakers could not get connected to Wireless Network.
Not sure why this is happening all of sudden because i was using these speakers on the same wireless network from past 8 months.

I reset all my speakers ( Play-base,Sub and 2 Play 1s) . Reset my Router.

Current status : Speakers could not get connected to wireless network even though I am using a 5 MHz wireless network. As i mentioned above i had used my speakers on the same network all these 8 months

Working fine when i connect the speakers to Ethernet Cable.

I just submitted a diagnostic report with my Play base connected with Ethernet cable # is 1415741648.

Please help me to fix this issue. I raised a helpline ticket but no response from them

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. It looks like there's an issues with your PLAYBASE's wireless card. This would explain why the system is only working properly while wired. It would be best for our phone team to take over from here. Please give us a call, our phone number can be found here.
Hi Jeff,

I have spoken with the phone team and they are saying that they have to replace but unfortunately I moved back to india and Sonos is saying they cannot ship to india .. I don’t know what to do now . I brought this system ( Play base , Sub and 2 Play Ones) with so much love . Now I am so upset and worried that i have to loose the speakers . Is there any way you guys can fix the network card issue remotely or can I request to escalate this to next level and do something to address this issue . I understand that I bought this system in US and as per policy Sonos cannot ship to india but I am requesting Sonos to consider this a exceptional case and help me to figure out this issue
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

I have spoken with the phone team and they are saying that they have to replace but unfortunately I moved back to india and Sonos is saying they cannot ship to india .. I don’t know what to do now . I brought this system ( Play base , Sub and 2 Play Ones) with so much love . Now I am so upset and worried that i have to loose the speakers . Is there any way you guys can fix the network card issue remotely or can I request to escalate this to next level and do something to address this issue . I understand that I bought this system in US and as per policy Sonos cannot ship to india but I am requesting Sonos to consider this a exceptional case and help me to figure out this issue

This is a hardware issue so there's no update fix we can apply. The PLAYBASE should continue to work while wired, but it won't have the ability to communicate properly with your SUB and surrounds. I'd recommend working with the phone team to escalate the issue in case they can help out with the replacement process.
Badge
About every other day, one of my two Play1's stops working, though the app says nothing's wrong. I have to "separate stereo pair" and then create a stereo pair, and that fixes it. It's always the same speaker

But then about once a week I get the "Looks like a speaker could be unplugged message" when nothing has been unplugged. When I tap "Room Settings" it then says "No settings are available." Usually it sort of fixes itself, to the point where one speaker will play and have to go through the above again. But today I can't get it to do anything else.
So, there's a couple of things that spring to mind. First, as always, is the potential for wifi interference

The other, less likely potential is an issue with duplicate IP addresses, which you can reset by a simple refresh of your local wifi. Unplug from power all of your Sonos devices, then reboot your router. Once it comes back up, plug in one Sonos device at a time, allowing it enough time to fully boot up before moving on to the next. By the way, you can set up reserved IP addresses in your router for all of your devices, which will do the same thing, but more permanently.