Losing Surrounds and Sub audio but Arc still working

• 11 May 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

LG OLED BX 65

Sonos Arc + Sub + SL x 2

This problem began a week or two ago. 
I noticed there was no audio coming from the sub and surrounds while watching an Atmos movie, the only sound was coming from the Arc. Everything in the app was fine and seemingly still connected. So, I rebooted everything and all seemed well again until I had to pause what I was watching for a few minutes. When I unpaused, the Sub and surrounds were once again not emitting audio.

I tried changing what I was watching and tried moving from the Apple TV to a Blu-ray player and even to the TV’s built in apps, same result, no audio from the sub and surrounds, only the Arc was working, no matter what type of audio I was listening to, Atmos, Music, PCM, Dolby Digital etc. The only solution was to reboot the router and unplug all 4 Sonos components, reconnect everything and then all speakers would work again, until there was another situation in which i had to pause or even turn off the TV. 

Is anybody else facing this really weird problem?

Thank you in advance for your help! 

icon

Best answer by FourWude 11 May 2022, 08:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

This is a bug with the current Sonos software/firmware combination. Sonos hasn’t given us any confirmation on what they’re doing to fix it or even acknowledge the bug. I’d advise anyone looking to purchase a Sonos system to halt their purchase until this bug is fixed.

Big topic on this bug here: 

Also have the same issue with my Arc, Sub and Surround speakers. Switching from Pause/Play and switching from Dolby Atmos and other sounds from TV or YouTube e.g. will start the same issues while even using wired connections and static DHCP IP-addresses (configured in the router settings) for every Sonos device. Turning the power off and on will fix this issue temporary. Sometimes I hear a “cracking” sound via both surround speakers and short interruptions and out of sync sound via the Sub. Let’s hope this bug (handshaking issue?) will be fixed soon.

Hi all, finally finally finally I found something on this subject. I have the same problem like a month or so. I have an arc, sub and two play 5 Gen 2's as surround. In the app the speakers stay connected but there's no sound coming from the sub and the 5's. I've never had this before. This mostly occurs when playing my Xbox series x or ps5 via hdmi. Removing the surround speakers and the sub in the app from the arc and connecting them again seems to fix the problem. Playing movies via apps on my Samsung tv doesn't give this problem. Pfff, I thought I lost it. I hope they fix this soon.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

This is a bug with the current Sonos software/firmware combination. Sonos hasn’t given us any confirmation on what they’re doing to fix it or even acknowledge the bug. I’d advise anyone looking to purchase a Sonos system to halt their purchase until this bug is fixed.

Big topic on this bug here: 

This is not the best answer, as the best answer links to an unsolved thread.

Is this still an issue?   I had a Beam gen 1 connected to two One SLs as surrounds and a sub gen 2.  

I got the Arc 3 weeks ago and ever since I set it up I’ve had this issue.   All the speakers show as connected but they either go out of sync with the Arc or drop completely.   I’ve been able to temporarily get the sub and surrounds to work if I reset my router but it doesn’t last long (sometimes an hour or less, sometimes a few days).  This happens with both Spotify for music and watching TV. 

I’m having the exact same problem! Problem seems to be the Arc as I don’t need to reboot the sub or satellite speakers. 

I’m finding rebooting the Arc on its own isn’t sufficient as I have to do things in this order: TV, Arc, AppleTV.

It’s incredibly annoying, as already mentioned, even something as simple as pausing the movie can cause you to lose the sub and satellites, or watching something that changes the audio format (such as from Atmos to 5.1).

Please hurry up and fix it!

I have had this situation occur twice as well. Sub just looses it's relationship to the Arc. I have found that power cycling the Arc remedies the issue, so far. Will be monitoring this to see what comes about. Today it happened and only thing that was different today is our Roomba dis it's work. Will wait until it cleans again to see if that is a trend. Clean room - check, sub enhancement - negatory. More to come...