Living room Set up

• 14 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello!

Just purchased my first few speakers this week.

I have a quick question re a potential set up involving 2 x Five, 2 x One SL, 1 x Sub.

If I purchase an Arc, could I have this in the middle under my TV, a Five on either side of it, the sub at the back of the room, and the two Ones on either side of the sub?

I see lots of set ups with either Fives or Ones at the back of the room, with an Arc under the TV, but I haven't found any yet that have speakers on either side of the Arc as well.

Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If I purchase an Arc, could I have this in the middle under my TV, a Five on either side of it, the sub at the back of the room, and the two Ones on either side of the sub?

No. Arc contains the L/C/R (and height) channels.

There is no provision for using separate L and R front speakers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The Five is considered by many to be the best of Sonos’ products for music - especially as a stereo pair. Why not use the home trial option: buy the Arc and try it with your ears in your room, and see if you like it. If so, keep it; if not, return it for a refund. 

No. Arc contains the L/C/R (and height) channels.

There is no provision for using separate L and R front speakers.

So it would be completely pointless?  

Any idea sound-wise if the Arc would live up to the 2 x Fives?  I have another brand of sound bar at present, so could continue to use that and just use the Fives for music.  If however the sound & volume etc of the Arc would match the fives, I could maybe use the 2 x Fives as the rear speakers.

The Five is considered by many to be the best of Sonos’ products for music - especially as a stereo pair. Why not use the home trial option: buy the Arc and try it with your ears in your room, and see if you like it. If so, keep it; if not, return it for a refund. 

I might just do that.  Didn’t know that was an option.  Let’s hope it is available here and not just in the US.