Living room Set up

• 14 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello!

Just purchased my first few speakers this week.

I have a quick question re a potential set up involving 2 x Five, 2 x One SL, 1 x Sub.

If I purchase an Arc, could I have this in the middle under my TV, a Five on either side of it, the sub at the back of the room, and the two Ones on either side of the sub?

I see lots of set ups with either Fives or Ones at the back of the room, with an Arc under the TV, but I haven't found any yet that have speakers on either side of the Arc as well.

Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated.

4 replies

If I purchase an Arc, could I have this in the middle under my TV, a Five on either side of it, the sub at the back of the room, and the two Ones on either side of the sub?

No. Arc contains the L/C/R (and height) channels.

There is no provision for using separate L and R front speakers.

No. Arc contains the L/C/R (and height) channels.

There is no provision for using separate L and R front speakers.

So it would be completely pointless?  

Any idea sound-wise if the Arc would live up to the 2 x Fives?  I have another brand of sound bar at present, so could continue to use that and just use the Fives for music.  If however the sound & volume etc of the Arc would match the fives, I could maybe use the 2 x Fives as the rear speakers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The Five is considered by many to be the best of Sonos’ products for music - especially as a stereo pair. Why not use the home trial option: buy the Arc and try it with your ears in your room, and see if you like it. If so, keep it; if not, return it for a refund. 

The Five is considered by many to be the best of Sonos’ products for music - especially as a stereo pair. Why not use the home trial option: buy the Arc and try it with your ears in your room, and see if you like it. If so, keep it; if not, return it for a refund. 

I might just do that.  Didn’t know that was an option.  Let’s hope it is available here and not just in the US.