Listening Statistics

• 31 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Just a quick note to any of the Sonos devs that may be watching. Many times I'm "watching TV", I'm actually listening to music through my Plex server on my TCL tv. I then broadcast this to all my Sonos devices. I can get great album art and artist info and lyrics on my big screen! This skews your data for what I "listen" to. I was wondering if anyone else does this? Not that it will change anything or that my experience is diminished in any way. Just a blip I noticed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Just a quick note to any of the Sonos devs that may be watching. Many times I'm "watching TV", I'm actually listening to music through my Plex server on my TCL tv. I then broadcast this to all my Sonos devices. I can get great album art and artist info and lyrics on my big screen! This skews your data for what I "listen" to. I was wondering if anyone else does this? Not that it will change anything or that my experience is diminished in any way. Just a blip I noticed.

Hi there,

Thanks for the information. I'll send some feedback along to the team so they know that there are folks using the TV connection to listen to music.
I'm not sure that it statistically makes much difference. I would guess that Sonos is mostly concerned with what service you're using, with 'TV' effectively as a service. The fact that you're using the TV a lot tells Sonos you'd be more interested in products and develop that improve the experience when TV is the source. Although, I suppose it's also worth noting that you might be interested in a product that that displays album art and lyrics (like an Echo show), which is entirely different then TV.