Lip sync issues

• 12 May 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
I've had my Playbar for a couple months now and can't seem to get the lip sync issues worked out. My setup consists of Xbox One S, PlayStation 4 Pro and Apple TV 4th gen to hdmi switch. From the switch it is HDMI out of HDMI Switch to HDMI input on TV. I've tried different sources and all have issues with lip sync. I thought it may be the switch so I took it out of the mix and still same issue. Tried lip sync on Sonos App still same issue. Tried lip sync on my tv still same issue. Has anyone else has this issue. If so, what was your fix? Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Same issue here. I'm 99% sure my issue is due to the optical audio connection from TV to my playbar. All connections using the Sonos for audio, Roku, Xbox, Apple TV, and Wii connect to the TV via HDMI. The TV is a Sony XBR-65X900E.

The Xbox seems to always be off, with the video ahead of audio, so lipsync changes don't help. After adjusting the audio output options in the Xbox menus from bitstream out to 5.1 and stereo uncompressed, the sync issue was reduced but doesn't fully align.

I'd prefer to avoid external devices like others have tried such as hdmi switch, which seems to have resolved it for some people. I'm all ears if there are other ideas out there.