Question

Lip sync fault - Samsung QE43Q60R QLED (2019)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

43 replies

I was having lip syncing problems with Sonos Playbar and my Dish. Found out that if I turned off the Dolby on the Television I can now go direct from the Sonos to the TV and I have no problems with the Delayed lips sync Using either the Dish, Streaming services, or the DVD player. They are all 3 in harmony.:relaxed:

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the Playbar which is only optical although I have tried a Beam and other HDMI devices. 

I still can't locate the A/V Sync setting mentioned above. Is it on the UK/Europe version of the Q90R TV?  

Got exactly the same issue.

Just bought the QE65Q90R. At the same time, I also bought two Sonos Play 1s to add to my Sonos Play Bar to great surround sound.

Switching to PCM defeats the object of the surround sound.

Is there any other solution?

No, my experience is the same as yours. It seems to be worse on Virgin TV than with internet VOD or streaming.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Have Sonos offered any suggestions or do they think it is the TV?
Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Please see my above response.  Also, please refer to my other replies on this subject.

The answer is not great, but it is a solution.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Is there any brand of TV out there that does not have the DD sync issue? One with an improved sound processing module? As much as I like almost everything else about the Samsung Q8DT, especially its glorious picture, I am within my return window and will go through the bs associated with setting up a new set. 

I’d concur with MSterling. The issue is the inability of the TV to pass the signal back out to the Sonos quickly enough to avoid lip sync problems. Pulling the audio out before it reaches the TV is, until Samsung can affect an appropriate fix, the easiest and least expensive way to resolve the issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Also, just for clarification, by using the Optical from the TV, I was also able to use the TV apps without the lag.  I still found a slight delay for tv broadcasts. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

From what I’ve heard are only the lg oled TVs but that’s where I would start.

That’s interesting, and suggests two different paths in the TV for the audio from each source. 

Badge

Sky Q hdmi cable direct to tv HDMI ARC,  Optical out using the hdmi and the optical adaptor for the beam direct to the beam HDMI.

Sony tv is SETTINGS > SOUND > Then look for the A.V Sync.  If it is set to Auto move it to ON. This removes the lip sync issues.  Sorry dont know where it is on all TVs but check it out.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well this thread was for Samsung TV issues so thanks but I don't think we’ll find the same settings on the Samsung as you have on the Sony. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Here are two videos to help with testing.  Play these on the TV in the YouTube app.

Userlevel 1
Badge
Have you tried the TV speaker? I’ve just tried mine (no soundbar). The sound and picture are not quite in sync. It’s not as bad as with the soundbar but does seem to point to a TV issue. This is with Sky Q HDMI and optical connection to Playbar in Dolby 5.1.
Badge

Most tvs have this function.  https://www.samsung.com/my/support/tv-radio-video/how--to-set-up-av-sync-in-audio-setting/

Might help

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Ive been suffering with lip sync since i purchased the sonos beam ive tried all sorts off setups but nothing sorts it 

Samsung say its sonos problem 

My tv IS  a QE55Q8CNA any help appreciated 

Badge

https://www.samsung.com/my/support/tv-radio-video/how-to-set-up-av-sync-in-audio-setting/