Lip-sync

• 3 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hi, I've just bought a new Sonos Beam and in the main I'm very happy. However, lip others on here I'm having issues with lynching - i have a Sony Bravia TV, a Sony S380 Blu-ray Player and a Sky Q box (UK).

I don't have any problems when watching TV or movies through the Sky Q box - only when i watch a movie via the Blu-ray player. I tried the setting on the app but it only seemed to make it worse.

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, TeamRC. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. While playing audio from the Blu-ray to the Beam, would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and replying here with the confirmation number it gives at the end? This will help us get a closer look at the type of signal the Beam is receiving. Additionally, can you tell us about how the Blu-ray is integrated into your Home Theater system? The more information we have about your setup the better we can assist.

Thanks!
Badge
Hi Keith, the number is: 1983882121.

The Blu-ray is connected to the TV via hdmi and Sonos Beam is connected to the TV via hdmi.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the report, TeamRC. What is the model of your TV? If the Beam is directly connected to the TV there should be no delay at all since the TV is giving the video signal. Is there any additional sound processing, effects or feature that your TV may have hidden in the audio menus? If you find any, let's make sure all of those are turned off.
Badge
I'm never really sure what the effects are and what is just how it should be. I find it really strange that there are options at all.

The TV is a Sony Bravia KDL-40WE663