Question

LG YouTube App issue with playbar

• 28 August 2017
  • 4 replies

I'm having issues with my LG oled B6 (running webOS) and the native YouTube app.

When I play a video, the audio doesn't play most of the time. If I reload the video, audio does sometimes kick in, but it's inconsistent.

If I switch the audio to LG SoundSync (optical) then the audio plays fine. But standard optical (Optical/HDMI AMC).

Wassup wit dat then?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey fosman, we're currently keeping track of an issue here which I believe you're experiencing. We'll be announcing in that thread when it's been resolved and what you might need to do to get it.

I'll go ahead and make a ticket here for you so you get notified when the update is ready to go.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
That's odd fosman. I have the exact same setup/options, and I used the Youtube app last night without any issue. I'll take a look at my LG firmware tonight and see what that's at.
Same issue here, with the Netflix app and also watching T.V.. I have an LG UH8500 set on the Audio Out (opticle/HDMI Arc), when it drops out I can switch it to LG sound sync (opticle) and the sound will kick back on but I can only get stereo and not 5.1. Please let me know what I can do. Thanks in advance.
I'd recommend that you post in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926