Question

LG OLED SURROUND

• 16 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi

I initially had the LG OLED C7 tv and a Sonos Sound Bar which worked well together. I was given two Play 1 speakers as a wedding present. The speakers work together except when I'm watching TV because no sound comes out of them. Is anyone able to help?

Thanks

Ryan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Are you watching a TV source that has surround sound? If there is no surround sound, nothing will come out.
It's the same whether it's Netflix or normal TV.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
You're assuming that either of those is presented in surround sound, this isn't necessarily the case.

When audio is playing, go to the Sonos controller and look at Settings....About My Sonos System.

Scroll down to your PLAYBAR device in the list and it will tell you what source is playing. What does it say?
Check the sound settings on the TV. In the external speakers bit there should be a setting for HDMI / optical out. The choice should be Auto or PCM. Set it to Auto.

Then make sure you pick a Netflix program that is broadcast in 5.1. As @RO53BEN said, not all of them are.