LG OLED C1 & Sonos Beam 2

• 29 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Anyone have this set-up and can feedback Dolby Atmos experience with the Beam 2. I currently have the original Beam and looking to upgrade. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I upgraded from a relatively high end Sony soundbar with Atmos and DTS:X support, but I found the sound rather harsh. I went to a Best Buy and auditioned both the Arc and the Beam 2. Of course, the conditions were very suboptimal, especially for the Arc and its upward firing speakers. Under these conditions, the Beam 2 sounded significantly better than the Arc--better bass, better imaging and clarity, Music also sounded significantly better. I had expected to buy the Arc, but bought the Beam 2 instead. Now, in a properly set up room, I can quite believe the Arc would outperform the Beam, but for my room (also somewhat suboptimal) the Beam was the perfect choice. It positions sounds not only above me but also behind me--a first for me with any soundbar. Several weeks after purchase, I did buy a pair of Ones to use as rear channels and the 3d effect was significantly improved. I think you will be happy with your purchase.

All the best,

Brian

Badge +1

Thanks Brian for the feedback. Did you upgrade from the original Beam? 

Either way sounds like the Beam 2 is an improvement. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have this setup and Atmos works perfectly on the Netflix, Amazon, Movies Anywhere, Disney, HBO MAX, and Apple TV apps. 

All the best,

Brian