Answered

LG C9 & Sonos Arc

I've done some research but just want to make sure I'm right. 

I have an LG C9 TV,  Xbox One X, Apple TV 4K and a Nintendo Switch. 

For all my devices to work correctly with both 5.1 and Atmos I'll need to wait for the LPCM update from Sonos? 

I currently have the beam but I understand it'll never do LPCM 5.1 for my Nintendo Switch.

Thank you :) 

icon

Best answer by controlav 2 August 2020, 15:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yes you are correct on all fronts.

Thank you :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I have all those same devices and am also waiting for the LPCM update. 

Atmos will still work, but you’ll get stereo instead of 5.1 from some devices. 

It also depends on what version your C9 is on.  

I have all those same devices and am also waiting for the LPCM update. 

Atmos will still work, but you’ll get stereo instead of 5.1 from some devices. 

It also depends on what version your C9 is on.  

I read about that. Unfortunately it updated to the latest one with the LPCM fix.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

You can manually shift it between DD 5.1 and Atmos on the Apple TV 4K.  It won’t automatically change.  If you leave it in Atmos mode you’ll get DD 2.0 for videos that have no Atmos.

I think I'll hold off upgrading my beam until the LPCM update is rolled out. :) 

Hmm, with latest software on AppleTV, C9 and ARC it looks like I get DD 5.1 for most stuff and Atmos for Atmos content. At least the Sonos App reports that.

Badge +2

This is REALLY frustrating. I own a LG OLED C9 and have just been given an Sonos ARC for Christmas. 

Is there any official timeline from Sonos on when they will be releasing the LPCM update for the Sonos ARC, perhaps I should return the ARC until Sonos supports the LPCM protocol?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Is there any official timeline from Sonos on when they will be releasing the LPCM update for the Sonos ARC, perhaps I should return the ARC until Sonos supports the LPCM protocol?

Seems to be some confusion: Sonos Arc already supports LPCM, via an update a month or so ago.

Update was apparently released end of November 2020