Question

LG C9 2019 won't link to magic remote

• 21 November 2019
  • 5 replies

My LG C9 2019 model does not currently work with the play bar - I follow the steps but the magic remote won't link to the player when asked to press the volume + button. Im hoping there will be a fix soon. Any ideas people. It is running through and optical lead and I choose optical on the LG menu then I go to Sonos app and press the volume + button pointing at the play bar but it won't connect. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Problem solved. Try in the settings the purple one called network. Here's the device manager. Choose a soundbar and follow through until. You select the manufacturer. Don't choose Philips!! Simy search for. Sonos and you are done :) slainte

Yes Ken I did mate. That article has a different controller to mine which is the 2019 model C9. 

I haven’t a cable box attached either just through apps and a fire stick. 

hopefully will sort something soon with a workaround from Sonos unless anyone else has had any success! 
Thanks for trying though fella! 

Same here,

the remote is working when the tv is off, but when i turn on tv the remote is not working on sonos playbar

Did you try the advice in this link.. ?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3479

Also if you have a cable TV box attached to the TV, you could also use the remote from that instead, or possibly aswell as.

Boom!! Legend!! 👏👏👏