LG C1 OLED - Atmos not working with Sonos Arc

• 7 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello, I’ve recently switched my TV to a LG OLED C1 77”.

Coming to this from a samsung Q60 QLED on which Atmos and my Sonos home theater (Arc+Sub+2xOneSL) was working fine.

After setting up the new TV to the wall I found out that atmos isn’t being passed to Arc even after enabling the different settings.

• Audio output: Pass Through (Also tried Auto)
  • eArc support: Enabled (Also tried Dolby Digital +)

Reproducing an Atmos enabled content from the Netflix native app, the Sonos app shows it’s playing Digital Plus 5.1 no matter what settings I try.

Already tried plugging everything in and out and tried a few solutions from reddit such as turning eArc on, unplugging the arc and enabling when plugged back.

Cause of the wall mount I can’t double check what HDMI port the Arc is plugged into but I’m pretty sure it was port 2 (even though all the ports on TV support 120hz and Earc)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Im having similar isssues with my lg-c1. For me, when I go to advanced settings, Dolby Atmos is grayed out. Im plugged into the right port, and am streaming content that has Dolby Atmos support off of Disney+. Ive tried other apps that also have Dolby Atmos content but cant get it to work.  eARC support is turned on. 

Are you streaming from the TV’s native Disney+ app? What audio format is showing on the Now Playing screen in the Sonos app when you play Avengers: Endgame?

Be sure your TV’s settings are set to this:

Sound Out: HDMI ARC

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Out: Pass Through

eARC: On

Auto Device Detection: On

Simplink (CEC): On

Auto Power Sync: Off

Userlevel 7

Make sure you have a premium Netflix subscription. Also, log in to your Netflix account and go to your Profile and make sure the Playback Setting is set to HIGH. Test the film Don’t Look Up using the English language audio track.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Just noticed I’m having the same problem with playback of atmos content via the inbuilt apps from my LG C9 OLED with an arc. This has worked fine previously, I’m only seeing Dolby digital plus 5.1, I have been through settings and checked that everything is setup correctly. In my home office I have a CX OLED with a beam gen2 and playing back atmos content works fine on this setup, it shows the atmos badge in the Sonos app. Not sure if this is a change of firmware on the tv, Sonos setup or software change related to the inbuilt apps. Hope someone can shed some light

Im having similar isssues with my lg-c1. For me, when I go to advanced settings, Dolby Atmos is grayed out. Im plugged into the right port, and am streaming content that has Dolby Atmos support off of Disney+. Ive tried other apps that also have Dolby Atmos content but cant get it to work.  eARC support is turned on. 

Have you fixed this issue? I’m having the same issue. I got a LG C1 and when I enable eArc the sound bar doesn’t work at all. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Should work fine if all these are set:

On the LG TV press and hold the configuration button. On the sound menu make sure following is set:

Sound out: HDMI ARC

Additional settings:

DTV Audio Setting: Auto

HDMI input audio format: Bitstream

Digital sound out: pass through

eARC: Enabled 

Make sure cable is in the right hdmi port for earc also :p