Answered

LG 55UH850V not outputting to Beam

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
The TV is recognising the device and Sonos support confirm that the Beam is sending packets to the TV, but nothing is coming back. LG support are sending out a tech to assess. The HDMI ARC port (#2) works as an input fine. This is the first time I have connected an ARC device to it (i.e. I am asking the TV HDMI port to output). I've played with all the limited settings I can access (PCM/Auto) and SIMPLINK) to no avail. I'm happily using the optical adapter for now though am keen to get this sorted to gain the additional functionality. Could just be a fault on my TV (or a service setting change required). Has anyone had a similar experience? Very impressed with sound quality on the Beam and it can handle something that I found the Playbar could not - playing music in full mode from the Sonos Connect in uncompressed mode I am not getting any drop outs - 🙂
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 20 July 2018, 20:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

I have an LG Oled65C6P and it too is not connecting via Simplink and hdmi arc to my beam. Sonos help!
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Sorry to hear that wilsonkwok51, I'll update this post when I have more to report
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Just to clarify I am using the Beam as part of a 5.1 setup. The surrounds would drop out when playing music in full mode using a Playbar but it is working fine with the Beam
Same here with a LG 49UH610V, I can see the signal from the Beam in my TV but no audio from TV to Beam through ARC HDMI. Activated Simplink and selected ARC HDMI as sound output in all configurations possible and doesnt work.
So using the optical output for now but this is not what I wanted from this bar, thinking to return it.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Sorry to hear that enmarinas. Interestingly it works with my LG 43UH661V. Will post when I hear more from LG
Could you take a picture of your TV audio menu to see your configuration? Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Sorry, but I can't until early next week. The menus on my 43" and 55" LG TVs are the same and set identically so it is strange that one works (43") and one does not (55"). From memory it is HDMI/Optical, Auto(not PCM) and SIMPLINK on. I have tried every other sound option available without success. Both TV's are on latest OS (I had to manually upgarde one via USB stick but it made no difference)
So... I also have a 55UH850V and have just wasted two hours of my life messing around trying to make this work. Well... I say wasted, perhaps not, as it does work now!

First: turn on Settings-->Sound-->Sound Out to External Speaker:(Optical/HDMI Arc) (no surprise there)
There was no 'simplink' option in the Settings menu... and Sonos complained the SimpLink test didn't work (though it new I had an LG telly)
Trick was: go into the Smart/Home menu. Select 'my apps' (on the far bottom right of the screen). IN there, there's a SIMPLINK icon ('orrid green colour')... Fire that up, and away you go!

After that the Sonos connection test went fine...

Hope that saves someone some time and pain!
Which OS does your TV have? WebOS? I cant find that SIMPLINK button anywere.

When I try to run the setup from sonos app, a pop-up appears on tv saying “HDMI 3 is available” thats my ARC HDMI, but then it dissapears and the config fails in the app.

I have 15 days to return the Beam, already wasted 2...13 to fix it or it will go back.
So I spoke to a Sonos rep and finally was able to get my beam to connect with my LG TV. He simply had me unplug all other hdmi’s I had plugged in to my TV and then it started to work. Afterwards, I plugged my HDMI for my Xfinity topbox back in, and all was still good. But when I plugged in the other HDMI for my PlayStation 4, it stopped working once more. The rep stated that it was due to the hdmi cable that I was using and I needed to be replaced with a CEC-less hdmi cable. For some odd reason, the PlayStation or the hdmi cable itself was pushing the Beam lower on the sound output priority list. After the call though, I noticed that the two hdmi’s I have plugged in previously to my TV are the same type of cable. So I’m thinking perhaps it was my ps4 as the culprit. I’ll run more tests to find out for sure. But long story short, for those having problems, try unplugging your other hdmi inputs and see if that works—as it did for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, if you're still having trouble, this thread may help solve the issues you have setting up or using the Beam with certain CEC commands. It might not help with all issues, but it's a good starting point with the basics covered, so make sure you read through. If you're still having trouble after that point, I'd suggest give us a call on our support line.
Same problem. Sonos Beam worked when plugged into LG TV but as soon as I plugged my Spectrum / Time Warner DVR into another HDMI port, the Beam stopped working. Turned off TV and unplugged DVR and turned TV on. Worked fine again until I plugged the DVR back in. After several hours on the phone with very helpful Sinos rep, he suggested an old HDMI cable without CEC which stands for Consumer Electronics Control. After researching online further, I learned CEC runs through pin 13 on the HDMI cable and so rather than buying an old HDMI cable, I found on Amazon a Lindy CEC less HDMI adapter. It was about $20 but worked perfectly. I just attached the small adapter to the HDMI cable connected to the DVR and it stops the interfering signal from the DVR (which isn’t supposed to have CEC, but apparently sends some type of interfering signal through the cable). This does not really seem to be a Sonos problem but they were very helpful and knowledgeable unlike the Spectrum people.
I should have been more specific. When unplugging the DVR, I mean unplugging the HDMI cable from the DVR to the TV, not the power.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Worked via HDMI only when I removed my Virgin Tivo box (connected via Neet splitter). Stopped working when I reconnected. Have just order Lindy HDMI CEC Less adaptor (£9 on Amazon). Judging by the item reviews and comments above that should resolve the issue
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Issue resolved! 🆒