Answered

LG 43UK6950PLB

• 20 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +3
code:
Hi everyone, if my TV is also the decoding based on the game since you are not compatible?
looking at netflix in 4k I have problems with speech dialogues, even activating the improvement .... why are audio codecs integrated ??

thanks
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 May 2019, 21:29

I'm not sure I understand your question.

I assume that your thread title is the TV set you own?

There are many people who have reported issues with their LG not handling the processing of Dolby Digital in fast enough manner to send it out to the Sonos system in sync with the video. Some people have reported success by going in to the TV's audio settings, and making adjustments there, such as turning off all possible modifications the TV system can make, to get it as close to a direct pass-through as possible.

Others have found success by putting an HDMI switch in between the source, and the TV. The HDMI switch would have an optical output on it which would pull the audio before it gets to the TV, and consequently the video and audio would be in sync. But that also means that you wouldn't be able to use apps on the TV set, and only external sources.
View original

1 reply

I'm not sure I understand your question.

I assume that your thread title is the TV set you own?

There are many people who have reported issues with their LG not handling the processing of Dolby Digital in fast enough manner to send it out to the Sonos system in sync with the video. Some people have reported success by going in to the TV's audio settings, and making adjustments there, such as turning off all possible modifications the TV system can make, to get it as close to a direct pass-through as possible.

Others have found success by putting an HDMI switch in between the source, and the TV. The HDMI switch would have an optical output on it which would pull the audio before it gets to the TV, and consequently the video and audio would be in sync. But that also means that you wouldn't be able to use apps on the TV set, and only external sources.