Latest LG CX, ATV 4k, Arc 5.1 setup Settings

• 18 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I am continually trying to improve my setup output and wondering if anything has changed as far as settings etc. Anyone have any ideas on what Else I can do, I would appreciate it. 

Biggest issue is that I am still getting Multichannel LPCM 7.1 and Stereo PCM through ATV 4k on what should be DD for streaming. At least I do get some Atmos on Netflix, Apple TV and HBO Max  Also volume is really soft at like 70% it’s like about the same as 30% on my Beam. Note all hardware are latest updates.

LG is set with hdmi for atv as bitstream, hdmi 2 for arc as pcm (default and can’t change), earc on, dolby atmos on, digital sound out pass through. 3.23.06 

ATV 4k is set format 4k dolby vision, match content off, audio output tv speakers, audio format auto atmos available, audio mode auto.  14.6

Arc is set as standard with no adjustments but with loudness and voice on. 13.1.4

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I am continually trying to improve my setup output and wondering if anything has changed as far as settings etc. Anyone have any ideas on what Else I can do, I would appreciate it. 

Biggest issue is that I am still getting Multichannel LPCM 7.1 and Stereo PCM through ATV 4k on what should be DD for streaming. At least I do get some Atmos on Netflix, Apple TV and HBO Max  Also volume is really soft at like 70% it’s like about the same as 30% on my Beam. Note all hardware are latest updates.

LG is set with hdmi for atv as bitstream, hdmi 2 for arc as pcm (default and can’t change), earc on, dolby atmos on, digital sound out pass through. 3.23.06 

ATV 4k is set format 4k dolby vision, match content off, audio output tv speakers, audio format auto atmos available, audio mode auto.  14.6

Arc is set as standard with no adjustments but with loudness and voice on. 13.1.4

I still get 7.1 as well for anything that is passed through in LPCM on my CX, I think its an LG issue, Im waiting for the next Sonos update though to see if that solves it but Im not hopeful it will.

Unsure what setting this is in cx sound settings but I’m sure I can change from PCM.

Bit of advice for the ATV4K, you might want to switch on match content, setting ATV4K to DV is basically forcing all your content into Dolby Vision with match content off.

I use 4K SDR 60hz

Match content on

Match Frame rate on

Settings video below is for new ATV4K, but they are the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3fH-v9NwKQ

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

So when I do this I get a new setting to enable dolby vision which I don’t do because that gets me back to where I started? 

i did that, rebooted arc and atv 4k and am still getting multichannel pcm 7.1 and not 5.1 or  dolby vision (paramount+), hulu live is stereo pcm,    All the others same as p* when it’s supposed to be 5.1. I do get dolby atmos when I am supposed to. 

There’s nothing you can do to fix the 7.1 thing. That’s going to be on either LG or Sonos.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

“Unsure what setting this is in cx sound settings but I’m sure I can change from PCM.“

so all of my hdmis on my lg are set as bitstream except for input 2 which is set as pcm. This one is what the sonos is hooked up to (earc). Unsure why that’s the only one as hdmi 1 (apple tv) is bitstream. Is this irrelevant?  Anything else that needs to be changed?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

“Unsure what setting this is in cx sound settings but I’m sure I can change from PCM.“

so all of my hdmis on my lg are set as bitstream except for input 2 which is set as pcm. This one is what the sonos is hooked up to (earc). Unsure why that’s the only one as hdmi 1 (apple tv) is bitstream. Is this irrelevant?  Anything else that needs to be changed?

My hdmi inputs are all set to bitstream, (including hdmi 2).

Other than that I think your settings are the same as mine, passthrough, eARC on, digital sound output AUTO.