Just ordered the Beam should it be paired with the sub?

• 27 November 2018
  • 4 replies

As the title says i've ordered the Beam and it should arrive tomorrow. I currently have a sub paired with two play 1s (with a play 5 as my center speaker for music/not TV).

The play 5 will now go upstairs so do i keep my sub paired with the play 1's when i connect the beam to my TV or does the sub sound better paired with the beam?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
The Sub really brings the beam to life. I have the Beam, Sub and two play ones in my bedroom. Could not be happier, well I could be happier if I had 7.1 but that would be another discussion. You will not be disappointed pairing the Sub with the beam, it is fantastic!
Thanks Ian, 5.1 in your bedroom? Sweet 🙂
Badge
The Sub really brings the beam to life. I have the Beam, Sub and two play ones in my bedroom. Could not be happier, well I could be happier if I had 7.1 but that would be another discussion. You will not be disappointed pairing the Sub with the beam, it is fantastic!
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
How is the Beam with the sub? I am thinking to get the sub to add to my setup of 1x Beam 2x Play 3s but living area is not that big so wondering is it worth it to spend 999 AU$ on the sub?
Depends on what you do more, listen to music, or watch TV. Either way, you're not going to go wrong.

If it were me, I'd pair the SUB with the Beam, and PLAY:1s for a true 5.1 surround experience, as the PLAY:5 that you're moving upstairs has pretty good bass on it's own.