Answered

Just bought a Sonos setup for a home theater

• 3 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I am in the process of putting together a home theater/media room. Its a relatively small room, ~17' x 13', and I am putting together all the components.

After spending time over a few visits at local stores and being blown away by the sound I pulled the trigger on a Sonos system. I was attracted to the other features of the system besides just movie/TV sound.

I purchased a Playbar, Sub, and 2 Play 1 speakers. After doing some more research I started to have some concerns that I may have bit off more than necessary given my wants and needs.

My main goal is great surround sound from movies and TV, the other streaming features are nice to have, but I am concerned I may have significantly over-payed for what will be primarily a surround sound system for my TV. Are the other features worth it?

I would love to hear any feedback or advice from more experienced Sonos users.

Also, I was told I did not need a bridge, however, i seem to be getting conflicting information on that. My router is downstairs, the media room is upstairs. Wireless is available up there, but will it be strong enough? DO I have to have one of the units in the system hard wired?

Thanks for any feedback.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 March 2021, 20:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

No need to be concerned. If your goal is a great surround sound setup for movies, a Sonos Playbar, Sub, Play:1s setup will sound great in a 17 x 13 room.

The only way to know whether your Wi-Fi is strong enough is the set everything up and see if your speakers stay connected to the network. If they do, then great. If not, then you could look at different solutions to fix the problem. But I wouldn’t worry about it unless the problem arises.

What exactly do you mean by “other features”?