Question

issues with my play connecting as a group with my Tv

• 23 April 2020
  • 1 reply

My my existing Sonos system is not recognising my play 5 I have gone through all all troubleshooting but no joy I can play music as a group but when I try to listen my TV it make a weird noise and when I remove my play 5 out the group the other ones work fine. Please help 

1 reply

@Felix1111 Thank you for bringing your concerns to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. Please provide us with more details as to what is going on with your setup. What do you mean when you say that the system does not recognize your Play:5? You also mention you can play music to the Play:5 which means it is connected and recognized by the system. Lastly, you describe TV audio issues when you group your Play:5 to your Sonos Home Theater setup.

Please understand that is an unsupported setup and is to be expected when grouping rooms in the Sonos app to a Home Theater setup with a Playbar, Playbase, Beam or Amp. This means it may work for you but we cannot troubleshoot the know audio issues you will run into like drops, skips and delays wit the TV audio. You could try some workarounds like having a Sonos product like your Play:5 Ethernet wired to the router for Sonosnet. You would then want to power re-boot off/on your wifi and Sonos equipment and then test the Play:5 grouped for TV audio. Also distance of your Play:5 from your Home Theater setup could affect performance. We are a 5.1 surround system with a Sub. When you are grouping TV audio to other room names the larger TV audio/video packets run into issues when grouping to a product not designed for those packets.

If there is something else going on with your Play:5 then please provide us further information along with an updated diagnostic report number when you are having the issue when playing to the Play:5.