Answered

Issue with LG CX

• 3 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hey guys,

While I have Sonos Beam gen2 connected with LG via HDMI (eARC) I can’t select any other output device e.g. bluetooth headphones. I can technically select it in TV menu for like 5 seconds, and then output switched back to HDMI (eARC). Is it a bug or feature? 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 6 December 2022, 11:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Try disabling Simplink. But this must be re-enabled if you want to use the Beam again.

Tried it — still the same. Thanks for suggestion

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Parabak, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve heard of some TVs disabling output devices, such as internal TV speakers, when an audio output device is connected via HDMI eARC, so It’s possible your TV is doing something similar with automatically swapping back to the HDMI eARC for audio output.

Simplink, as @GuitarSuperstar suggested, is the setting on LG TVs that should control this type of feature. If disabling that doesn’t change anything, then I’d suggest reaching out to LG’s customer support to check with them, as this may be a specific feature of your TV.

I hope this helps!

Same issue here on LG and Sonos, it is not an issue with Simplink I guess. This only happens with Sonos arc/beam on LG tv’s.

Disabling Simplink is not the solution to this issue. I have tried the same on my tv with a Bose 900 and it was not switching back. Sadly Sonos and LG couldn’t fix the issue. 

I’m looking forward to the solution!