Question

Issue w/ Playbar and Panasonic TC-P65VT30 (2011 Plasma TV)

• 7 June 2016
  • 4 replies

I have a Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30 65-inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV, Black (2011 Model). The Digital Audio Output on the back of the TV does not fit the Optical Cable that came with my Playbar. I looked at the manual and it says that it is a Digital Audio Output (Optical) with Special Adapter Cable. Here's the link: http://shop.panasonic.com/support-only/TC-P65VT30.html

Is there any way to connect my Playbar to my Panasonic? Anyone know what adapter I need to buy and from where? Thanks in advance!

Kenny

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Are you sure you can't use a standard digital optical? I have a Panasonic plasma of about the same age and it has one. It's almost unthinkable that it wouldn't. The connector is D-shaped. Have you got it correctly aligned? BTW, never look at a Toslink cable from end on when it's plugged in.
Have you taken off the little plastic cap?
Thanks John B!

It isn't a standard digital optical (Panasonic switched a year or so later and went with a standard digital optical though). And yes, I took off the little plastic cap, thanks though, I could totally see myself derping and not doing that!

Update: I figured it out! It requires an adapter and Panasonic included it in the original box (thankfully, I save everything so I still have the original box, manuals, cables, etc... all in their original packaging too). Thanks to Crutchfield for a list of what came with the VT30, otherwise, I would have never thought to look in my box.

Thanks for the help John B!
Update: I figured it out! It requires an adapter and Panasonic included it in the original box (thankfully, I save everything so I still have the original box, manuals, cables, etc... all in their original packaging too). Thanks to Crutchfield for a list of what came with the VT30, otherwise, I would have never thought to look in my box.

This saved me!! I just now got around to getting a playbase and was frustrated with optical cable not working. Good thing I saved all the packages that came with my Panasonic Plasma. Couldn't be happier and a BIG THANK YOU to OP!!