Answered

Issue adding Play:1 to Playbase in Surround

• 4 May 2021
  • 1 reply

I can not add anymore my two standalone Play:1 speakers to my Playbase as surround speakers. My Playbase is connected via Ethernet. My Play:1 are WiFi connected. After the surround wizard the app shows me an error than not all speakers could be added and I can do a retry. But if I just swipe down the error msg it shows me both Play:1 speakers as added. In fact only one is added to my Playbase and the other not. In Trueplay calibration wizard only one Play:1 Speaker and Playbase is playing the test sound. The ohter is quiet.

Even after a full factory reset of all speakers. Same behavior.

But my two Play:1 speakers can be used as Stereo Speakers, this works fine.

What is wrong here?

Diagnostic # 1265119658

icon

Best answer by Xander P 5 May 2021, 10:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Asterix007, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

From the diagnostic it looks like the Playbase has developed a fault with its wireless card, preventing it from bonding properly with the surrounds - I’m actually more surprised that one of the speakers managed to connect at all.

If you reach out to our Support Team via either live chat or phone call, and share that same diagnostic with them, they should be able to get you sorted :)