Question

Is there any way to use my play bar with using a optical cord

• 16 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge
I bought a blu ray player that just has a hdmi out port but the hdmi runs to my projector is there a way I can do it through like Bluetooth or wifi settings

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge
Please help
I'm assuming that your projector doesn't have an optical out? If not, you can find a audio extractor, there are several posts describing such, in which it takes the signal coming in from the HDMI and strips out and supplies an optical signal. Then you could run another HDMI cable from that device to your projector for the video, and take the optical out from the device and supply it to your Playbar.

Here is a random extractor that I just looked up on Amazon, there's tons, and if you poke around here on this forum, you'll see a lot of people talking about them. I don't use one myself, so it's hard for me to pass judgement on any one in particular.

https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Extractor-Optical-Converter-VHD-H2HSAs/dp/B00KBHX072

I hope this helps