Answered

Is Sonos phasing out Playbar and Playbase?

• 14 May 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
  • Prominent Collaborator I
  • 58 replies

They are not easy to find on the Sonos website. Only Beam and ARC are easy to find. They are not even listed under “Home Theater”.

???????????

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 14 May 2020, 20:37

Still showing As available in Last Chance, I think. But yes, they’re on the way out. 

View original

8 replies

I would think carefully before you buy one though. An optical connection now looks very limiting, although it depends what you are looking for.

There is nothing wrong with the Playbase or with a past decision to buy it. I just wouldn't buy one now.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Yes.  They are no longer being sold by Sonos directly.  There may be some inventory in other retailers, until they are sold out.

I think they have already been discontinued. The Arc is replacing both. The Beam lives on.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thanks. Looks like they are still available from Sonos but you have to put it in the search bar to  find/buy it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Still showing As available in Last Chance, I think. But yes, they’re on the way out. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I have a Playbase and like it. I was trying to show a friend and couldn’t find it on their website. I suggested a Beam and a Sub. If the Beam was available when I bought the Playbase, I would have bought that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

There is nothing wrong with the Playbase or with a past decision to buy it. I just wouldn't buy one now.

I agree. The Playbase is a bit better than the Playbar as it does support Airplay 2 which provides for some future proofing.