Is SONOS going bust?

• 28 August 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
I am still waiting for a refund from 29 July 2018. SONOS, not me, advertise a 7 working day refund policy. After I contacted them after 7 working days I got a reply stating they are unable to refund to a credit card, the very card I used. Absolute rubbish. SONOS are no longer even replying to my emails as I wait for a full refund for a Playbase. I have also asked them when and if they were ever going to tell me they couldn’t refund to a credit card as they never did let me know. They did state in one email that the delay was due to the massive number of refunds they are currently dealing with. Well that tells you something doesn’t it?

They have my equipment and my money and are now ignoring my emails. Do I have to get the Police involved?

Buyer beware.

I fully expect all the SONOS lovers to leap to their defence. Don’t bother, there is nothing you can say that makes the treatment I am receiving defensible.

Finally, the title: It is deliberately designed to be provocative. Sometimes that’s what titles are for so don’t bother just commenting on that. It is an attempt to finally get a response from SONOS.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Sorry about your trouble. The issue with the credit card may be whatever pre/prior authorization they had on it expired and they need a new one from you. (I don't think they are going bust.

Hopefully your post gets some attention from an employee and they help you resolve this.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Sorry about your trouble. The issue with the credit card may be whatever pre/prior authorization they had on it expired and they need a new one from you. (I don't think they are going bust.

Hopefully your post gets some attention from an employee and they help you resolve this.

Neither do I my friend, just want the courtesy of a reply from SONOS and my money back. If that’s the case with credit cards how was I ever going to get refund as they never contacted me to tell me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi David, sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'll message the team to make sure that your situation has the right attention, it does sound like it's in the right hands already. Monday was a UK bank holiday which may have slowed things down, and the team could be busy as well. I can't speak to your return/refund but I'll make sure your voice is heard.

My advice is to follow up with the email chain that you're working on already, and I'll make sure to raise it here too for you.
Badge
Hey djsgrant,

I am starting to wonder if Sonos is about to go belly up also as they don't seem interested in fixing the latest software that was forced on the end users and is preventing many from listening to their m4a files. This is quite a disappointment as I recently dove head first into the Sonos ecosystem with a full house setup. Prior to this latest debacle I was a Sonos evangelist and preached the greatness of Sonos to quite a few people who followed suit and they too dove into the Sonos world only to have regretted it now.

Too bad that they seem more interested in selling the devices for initial profit and no longer appear to be interested in keeping their customers up and running.
Maybe things will change....in the meantime I am recommending everyone I know to steer clear of Sonos for awhile and find alternate solutions to save themselves future headaches.

Hope you can get your money back....unfortunately the rest of us are stuck right now with high dollar speakers that don't work the way the once did. Sad.:(
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Hi David, sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'll message the team to make sure that your situation has the right attention, it does sound like it's in the right hands already. Monday was a UK bank holiday which may have slowed things down, and the team could be busy as well. I can't speak to your return/refund but I'll make sure your voice is heard.

My advice is to follow up with the email chain that you're working on already, and I'll make sure to raise it here too for you.

Thanks for the reply Ryan. One bank holiday, that doesn’t really account for the other 30 days...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, djsgrant. Ryan raised this with me, as I am in your region. We have forwarded this to management in our returns department, who will be contacting you in due course.