Answered

Is it possible to use Night Mode over AirPlay to a Sonos Beam?

• 24 January 2019
  • 1 reply

My home cinema setup consists of a Sonos Beam, Apple TV (4th gen) and Optoma projector. I have no TV, and the Beam is wired only to Ethernet. I AirPlay to the Beam from the Apple TV to get sound.

This works great (and I get decent audio quality in stereo from the Beam), except... night mode doesn’t work, which would be very useful. There is a ‘reduce loud sounds’ option in the Apple TV menu, but that doesn’t work very well. Is there any way to access night mode (and the other Sonos TV options) _without_ connecting the Beam directly to a TV?

Any suggestions gratefully received!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 January 2019, 22:37

Not that I'm aware of. To my knowledge, that "option" is based on where the input is, i.e. the digital data from the TV input, be it optical to HDMI-ARC or HDMI-ARC.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Not that I'm aware of. To my knowledge, that "option" is based on where the input is, i.e. the digital data from the TV input, be it optical to HDMI-ARC or HDMI-ARC.