Intermittent audio from Sonos Arc to Samsung QE65Q95T

Setup Sonos Arc with One SL and Sub Gen3 on my Samsung TV. Synced up perfectly with HDMI ARC connection and all working great. However for some reason occasionally after shutting down TV for the night, the next day the audio comes on and then stops for a second or so before starting again. This repeated continuously, unless I disconnect and reconnect the HDMI connection or reboot the Sonos ARC. rebooting the TV has no impact, so the problem looks like the ARC. Interestingly if I go to the Sonos Source I don't get any signal from the Sonos when the issue is present? However when it's all working properly, I get signal okay and see the Sonos curved lines screen. 

Diagnostics have been submitted on I'd 1258411113

Any help appreciated

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

91 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @rrgn,

I’m glad to hear it!

I can’t recommend one brand over the other. It may be best to read through the forums to see who has the least number of compatibility issues?

eARC, not unlike HDMI/ARC, has a lot of variation in performance and implementation between manufacturers and we cannot account for all possible variables at this stage.

Same error with Sonos ARC and Samsung The Frame (2020). Report submitted. (955291383)

So glad I found this thread so I can follow for updates! Samsung Q90T + Arc that mutes/unmutes every two minutes by itself, regardless of input. 

My job is QA’ing pre-release hardware so I’m no dummy when it comes to troubleshooting but this is really frustrating. Even after contacting CS I was told that my diagnostic reports showed nothing unusual and they suggested that someone else in the house with a second remote might be doing it… what? I asked how to use my Arc if it shows as normal and they had no solutions and told me just to contact them again when it happens.  –_–

Second major issue I’ve had. Love the Arc but it’s surprisingly buggy and not quite fully baked.

Seems hard to believe it’s an Arc issue, since it’s working fine for so many other TVs. 

And...again: 3 seconds sound 1 second silence.  I need to unplug and plug it back again to restore the sound.Sent another diagnostic log (191327650)

I hooked up my Arc to a Sony 950h and within a day it happened again. So I can confirm that it happens on both Sony and Samsung devices. Which again, points toward it being a Sonos problem. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Intermittent sounds keep happening. I have to unplug and replug the power cable of my Arc often to reset it - like 3 times a week. I’m seriously annoyed because I can’t expect my non-techie family members and kids to do that. It has been months!

Samsung Q95T and Arc.

Same problem just started with my Sonos Arc / Samsung Q80T, both purchased just one month ago.  Using Humax Freesat tv box, but problem also occurs on Netflix on the TV.  Disabled eArc etc as recommended above, but no effect.  The only solution seems to be to turn off the power to Sonos and reboot.  Not a satisfactory solution.

Same issue with Sonos ARC and Samsung The Frame (2020). Sound is intermittent a few times per week and rebooking the ARC fixes it. It’s not the TV as I have tried both rebooting the tv and rebooting the ARC separately. Pity as I have been a Sonos fan for years and disappointing that this just doesn’t work with a major brand tv which has a specific HDMI port for the ARC!

I’m now experiencing the sound cut-out issue. Every second, the sound from the Sonos cuts out for half a second or so. :( If I unplug the power from the Arc, it fixes the issue for an hour, or up to 12 hours; then the sound cut-out issue comes back.

Sonos Arc – Latest Sonos firmware

Samsung Frame 55 2020 – version 1402

HDMI-eARC Mode: Auto

Dolby Atmos Compatibility: On

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks. Here's an update for all users using Samsung 2020 QLED (LS03T) Range in the US.
Samsung released a firmware update version 1402.1 that may assist in mitigating the issue.
Currently, the update appears to only be available for US models and via a manual USB update.
Reach out to Samsung for further assistance and hope this helps.
We and the community are always here to help.

Arc and Q80T here. Same issues for 3 and a half months now. I get sound dropping out so frequently that I am better off unplugging the Arc and running sound through the TV. At the moment, the Arc has been a complete waste of money. Is there any update on a solution? I am in Australia. Thanks.

Same issue here, the sound cuts out every few days and we have to reboot the ARC to get sound working again with the Samsung frame 2020. From this thread it looks like it’s been a problem for months. Sonos, please fix the problem. Also in Australia.

Many people seem to have similar problems with the sound. Just bought a new Samsung QE55Q95T and Sonos surround system (Arc, sub and a pair of SL One. The problem mainly occurs after streaming music using Spotify. Then when I go back to watch TV the sound problem occurs, and the sound is intermitting. The ONLY way to fix this so fare is turning of power completely. Not enough to just switch of TV. Happens every other day. I have called support many times now in Denmark and they are just out of this world and no help at all. But yes, I am very disappointed when paying premium price for a system like this.

They don’t seem to be doing much about this. Seen a few people complain about it for months and also people reporting the same issues with other makes and models of TV. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

It’s still not fix and I have to restart my arc 2-3 times a day by flicking the power switch. Annoying to the max. 

Guys, same issue here (Chile). I really need a solution. 

I’ve got exactly the same.

Samsung QE55Q90R, connected to an Arc.

For about a week everything is fine and then the audio gets interrupted every few seconds for about a second. I’ve to take out the HDMI cable and put it back in. Seems to me that Sonos has to figure this out. 
And if they’re pointing at Samsung, then go there for answers. A lot of people payed a lot for these systems and don’t get feedback.

I hope it can be solved soon.

Stay healthy!

Exact same issue on Samsung Q60t

I’m still just about in my 100 days so seriously considering sending back… 

When my sonos system was updated two days ago to version 12.2.1 the problem with the intermittent audio disappeared.

Sonos: Arc+Sub+One SL x2

Samsung: QE65Q95T 

Connection: HDMI (eArc)

I’m so close to buying something else! Can someone at Sonos please confirm if this is the case? The problem is that restarting works for a while so I could imagine this happening again. 

The only thing in the release notes that is related is

Sonos Arc now supports multi-channel LPCM surround sound through an eARC connection. 

could it have been that causing the issues?

Thanks 

Nope, same problem back today. Maybe it’s a Samsung TV thing but I’m going to send the Sonos back 

Today the same problem with the intermittent audio started again after one week with no problems.

Hi!

Same problem here:

sonos arc+ sub 

samsung qe65q95ta (2020)

Called the dealer here in sweden hifi-klubben. And they asked me to do weird things and diffrent changes but of course it didn’t help. 

Anyone here from us that can confirm the update below/

/N

Hi folks. Here's an update for all users using Samsung 2020 QLED (LS03T) Range in the US.
Samsung released a firmware update version 1402.1 that may assist in mitigating the issue.
Currently, the update appears to only be available for US models and via a manual USB update.
Reach out to Samsung for further assistance and hope this helps.
We and the community are always here to help.

For you that still has the problem, try this:

1. Start one of the components that is connected to the Samsung connection box via HDMI.
  2. Wait for one minute
  3. Start the Samsung TV

In my case I can start my TV box, but I can´t do the same thing using my Apple TV, because of in that case the Samsung TV starts automatically.