Question

Interference on move when linking to tv/playbar

• 9 May 2020
  • 1 reply

I have just bought a Sonos Move to add to my vast system. All is OK and the setup seems fine. Have tried multi room and all is good except when linking with my playbar and tv. Other speakers are fine but the sound is breaking up on the Move. Any clues as to why and is there a fix?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Chris Coxall Sorry for the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. I understand that you are describing audio issues with grouping a room name in the Sonos app to your Playbar with the TV audio. Please know that this is not a supported setup for playing TV audio outside of a surround setup. We are designed for grouping a streaming music service. You may not be running into this issue with other room names in the Sonos app as of yet due to your other room names are all connected into Sonosnet helping their communication to your Playbar surround. Our Move will setup on your wifi’s 2.4 G or 5 G connection so unfortunately you will get those audio drops and delays when grouping those larger TV video/audio packets. We can also see from your diagnostic report history that you have at least three network devices using the name “SKYCAQNY” adding into any wifi interference affecting how the Move is being grouped on the network.

You may find that some of our Community members have some workarounds for grouping TV audio to a Sonos Move, but knowing your network topology may be helpful information for them with providing the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged).