in doubt of buying sub

Show first post

31 replies

In addition to the obvious added bass energy, since bass is removed from the smaller speakers, they have an easier job and the midrange becomes clearer.

Badge

I started this post to explain that I was In doubt adding sub to my 2 sonos 5 reason being I was very happy with sound quality and bass response I have read a lot of reviews most are negative about adding sub I have a very large kitchen dining room the bass was not filling the whole room I bought the sub yesterday and added to sonos all I can say is wow if you have a large room sub is a must I have one sonos 5 in corner bass very good the other 5 is not in a corner bass not as good so I paired the sub to the speaker with less bass response  so if anyone is in doubt sub is a must if you can afford 

This may sound counter intuitive; in testing the Sub for value, also see how it improves the low volume level listening experience. The Sub keeps the music rich even at those levels, by keeping a still palpable bass presence. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Adding a Sub is like going from 2d to 3d

Userlevel 7

Most people are content with just the pair of Fives, but adding a Sub will definitely improve the bass performance especially if you listen to hip hop, electronic, or techno music. Test your setup with and without the Sub. You can always return the Sub if you feel it is unnecessary.

Love both my Subs.