Answered

I need some help to get Sonos 5.1 sorround sound to work on my Xbox One X

• 25 October 2018
  • 3 replies

So as the title says, I am looking to get my Sonos 5.1 setup with (playbar, sub and two play:1 speakers to work with my LG c7 65" oled tv, and with my Xbox One X.

Right now the optic cable from the playbar is plugged into the TV, instead of the Xbox One X, is that right? if not, please let me know how I make this work together :)

best regards
icon

Best answer by controlav 26 October 2018, 15:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Some LG TVs (eg my 55LW5700) will only send Stereo over optical when given DD 5.1 from HDMI. I had to use a secret service menu to enable this feature (after buying a special remote control).

It is also possible to use an EDID faker to force the TV to output 5.1 - I use this one on my Samsung TV: https://amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3SH3CL/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I also tried plugging the optic cable from sonos playbar into my Xbox One X, but when I go to settings it uses Optic sounds uncompressed which doesn't show 5.1 there, and I can't change the HDMI to 5.1 please help me out its really annoying
Cause when the optic cable is plugged into the TV, and I go to the Xbox One X settings and try to change audio to 5.1 I get this error...

"Check your audio receiver, There was a problem using this setting. Make sure your audio receiver supports it. Also, make sure to choose at least one audio setting. Both can't be off. (0x80bd0009"