Question

I know it's been asked, but "Search" feature isn't great...Play 1, 3, or 5 to pair with Playbar&Sub

• 15 November 2016
  • 3 replies

I have a medium sized room, and I plan on pairing either two Play 1, 3, or 5s with a Playbar and Sub. Is the 3 worth the extra $100 over the 1? Is the 5 worth the extra $ over the other two options? Even mix of TV/Movie watching and music listening for this set-up.

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi.You are right, the search feature isn't great on this forum. In fact it's close to useless, so I'm not surprised you haven't found much. I would say the great weight of opinion on here has been that the P:5s are OTT for surround duties. I'd also say that most people feel the P:1s do a good job as surrounds and there is not sufficient to be gained from using the P:3s instead. I would say that's a majority view not a unanimous one.
I concur. Play:5s are overkill, and the Play:1 has more than enough sonic quality for surrounds duty. Save your $ and put it towards another room.
Thanks John B and jgatie, looks like I'll stick with the Play 1's instead.