Answered

How to switch from HDMI 1 to HDMI 13 on my Panasonic TV to use BlueRay player with Beam gen 2

• 15 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi. Just bought a Beam 2 which is impressive but there is a problem playing a dvd or blue Ray disc. To do that on my Panasonic I need to switch from HDMI 1, my TV, to HDMI 13, the Blueray player. However the TV remote no longer seems to have access to controlling the TV. I have no idea why a sound bar would make my TV remote inactive!

I control everything else through my Sky remote but can find no way of actually using the Blueray player. 

can anyone help me please?

icon

Best answer by greenjanner 15 January 2022, 15:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you saying your TV has 13 HDMI inputs or is that some weird labeling on your TV? Moving on my first thought is to check for updates for your TV and/or factory reset it. However, to eliminate the Beam2 ( or verify it as the problem) remove it and try your remote. It the issue is the same then it’s the TV and remote that need to be re-synced. If the issue goes away then we can trouble shoot the Beam2 setup.

Badge

It only has three ports so just weird labelling I assume.

TV remote was fine until Sonos came along now it is just a small brick. All the Sonos app seems to do is let a handset adjust the volume. Just turned off Sonos and the remote worked fine. So….

Userlevel 7

That’s very strange. Sonos doesn’t program the remote as the App is teaching Sonos to accept the volume up and down commands emitted by the remote. 

Ordinarily I would not recommend this because it is a last resort (factory reset).

Remove the Beam2 and the DVD player.

Factory reset the Beam2 and go through set process again. https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

After the Beam2 is setup re-connect the DVD player.

Try your remote.

Let us no the results. BTW..what model is your Panasonic?

Note: Not sure what you meant when said you turned the Beam2 off as it has no on/off button? 

Badge

Well, you solved it! I unplugged the Sonos to test the remote. I plugged it back in and the remote now works. Something reset I suppose.

Thanks for your help. If I have any more problems, I will be back.

all the very best to you for responding.

Badge

Still curious asto why it was not working before. Unplugging the Sonos and the plugging it in again still suggests that it was the sound bar causing the issue to me.

Userlevel 7

Still curious asto why it was not working before. Unplugging the Sonos and the plugging it in again still suggests that it was the sound bar causing the issue to me.

Glad the issue was resolved. Electronics can be wonky at times. What we did was just general trouble shooting steps that thankfully worked 😊

Badge

That is what matters. Thanks again.