How to setup Xbox series X with Sonos surround system

• 24 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello guys

Let me explain my setup

Lg OLED 4K 

Sonos Arc connecred to the TV by HDMI eARC

XBOX Series X by HDMI to TV. The consolé recognizes the 4K TV . I download the dolby app to bring abre to select Dolby Atmos as audio firmat using bitstream

I heard that XBOX was abre to convert on the fly DTS to Dolby Atmos. If I put a game or movie with DTS,  I can't hear anything . 

If I do the same in my PS5, I have no issues. I mean , I dont get Atmos , but Dolby surround.  

How should I setup the audio outout in the consolé when the bluray or game has DTS ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Rhz1971

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and we appreciate you for bringing this concern to us. Let me share some information with you.

The Sonos Arc can play Dolby Atmos audio. ARC and eARC are protocols responsible for sending audio over an HDMI cable to home theater sound systems like Sonos Arc. Sonos Arc must be connected to HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC to play any Dolby Atmos content. Getting Dolby Atmos audio can also depend on the physical source device playing the content and the format or output must be set to one of our supported home theater audio formats. The DTS audio format is not supported by Sonos. Some Blu-ray players and game consoles have the ability to transcode DTS into a format that Sonos supports, such as Dolby Digital 5.1. 

Let me share with you the following community threads that may help you out.

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/sonos-arc-and-xbox-x-sound-settings-6845650

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/sonos-arc-and-xbox-one-6840279

We can wait for suggestions and feedback from our Sonos community members, they might provide additional information about this. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions or concerns. We are always happy to help out.