How to Set up Samsung QLED Q7 Remote with Sonos Play bar?

• 27 November 2017
  • 12 replies

Badge
Hello,

I have Samsung QLED TV with smart remote control. Does any body knows how to set up TV remote control with Sonos Play bar?

Thank you
Babak

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello,

I have Samsung QLED TV with smart remote control. Does any body knows how to set up TV remote control with Sonos Play bar?

Thank you
Babak

It would help to know the TV model! If it is the F Series then try these actions:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2424/kw/playbar%20remote%20set-up
Badge
Hi,
Thank you for your reply,
this is the model Samsung QLED QE65Q7F

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,
Thank you for your reply,
this is the model Samsung QLED QE65Q7F

Thank you.

Have you tried :

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4198?_ga=2.206598163.1095743978.1506552577-1491669311.1488879254&_gac=1.223971177.1511606155.CjwKCAiAxuTQBRBmEiwAAkFF1oALnz96PmYXSnBA2S5Va6kZH-GMxirNsBm3OEv4x_UDJRYzPiX8OxoCxj8QAvD_BwE

followed by:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4033/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTEyMzc0MTgwL3NpZC9mVVZzZCU3RVFBZldnSTNBRGI0MWxOVzZyaWtxbG9pQmtuTjV4RGNTUjNpSlNURF9qd04yTVpjcUxvemE3T3E4UWRybUE5d01KYkJBYlBMRVFhSzBUeTQ2bTVWdmFfVVFOZElQaklBMkZWY3o5ciU3RSU3RU9zY3Z6ZWx4aWclMjElMjE%3D
Badge
Hi Babak, I have the same TV and Sonos system.is your system working well? My Setup, which i did like above, looses the ability to control the sonos by one remote always.
Badge
Hi there
I have the same tv. I tried all the links above but none of.them work. I just get a message that this interface is not enabled.
I cant find anything else on here that shows how to use the samsung remote to change volume.
Thank you
They recently changed the web addresses for the FAQs, I think what you’re looking for is:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3444
Badge
Many thanks for your reply. Ill check that one out. Strangely an old LG remote seems to be able to change the volume on the sonos system and it hasn't ever been paired to my sonos system. But definitely would prefer using just one remote. Thanks again
The old remote is likely infrared, the new one, I believe, has to be told to use infrared, it uses Bluetooth by default....I think.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I got the Sonos Playbar fully working to be controlled by the One Remote with my Samsung Q7F 75" (2018 model, QE75Q7FNA).
My One Connect box is inside a closed cabinet and the Sonos Playbar receives the IR commands directly from the One Control.

It is working for me at every input, tested on DVB-S2 (Satellite), HDMI1 (Apple TV), HDMI2 (PlayStation 4) and Apps (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc).

Instructions on Samsung TV:
Go to Settings -> Universal Remote -> New Device
Select Device Type: Home Theatre System
Select Brand: Samsung
Select Home Cinema Configuration: Optical
Start "Power Test" and always hit "No" (unsuccessful) until the 4th power test, there select Yes (home theatre system turned on/off).

After this the Sonos Playbar can understand the IR commands emitted by the One Remote, without the One Connect box needing to be in line-of-sight.

Change remote on Sonos Playbar:
Start the Sonos App
Go to More -> Settings -> Room Settings-> Room with TV/Playbar -> TV -> Remote control setup

Follow on-screen instructions, you will have to learn Volume Up/Down and Mute.

Congrats, you will have now a flawless working Samsung One Remote + Sonos Playbar setup.

At least it works at me perfectly.

None of the other "workarounds" that I found by other users worked for me.

Cheers!
Mate thanks so much for that. I just had a professional mob deliver and wall mount my 65inch qled 7 and they couldnt work out how to get the sonos volume to work with the samsung remote.
I tried the above, it worked and I sent them the link ?
I got the Sonos Playbar fully working to be controlled by the One Remote with my Samsung Q7F 75" (2018 model, QE75Q7FNA).
My One Connect box is inside a closed cabinet and the Sonos Playbar receives the IR commands directly from the One Control.

It is working for me at every input, tested on DVB-S2 (Satellite), HDMI1 (Apple TV), HDMI2 (PlayStation 4) and Apps (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc).

Start "Power Test" and always hit "No" (unsuccessful) until the 4th power test, there select Yes (home theatre system turned on/off).

After this the Sonos Playbar can understand the IR commands emitted by the One Remote, without the One Connect box needing to be in line-of-sight.

Start the Sonos App
Go to More -> Settings -> Room Settings-> Room with TV/Playbar -> TV -> Remote control setup

Congrats, you will have now a flawless working Samsung One Remote + Sonos Playbar setup.

Cheers!

Start the Sonos App

Cheers!
gereat stuff. Works fine die me