how to hide wires for playbar

• 29 January 2014
  • 7 replies

I've got a playbar but don't want to have the audio wire visible. How does Sonos recommend doing this? In the sonos brochure you have a tv and wall-mounted playbar (on bright yellow wall) with no wires showing. Presumably you buried these into the wall?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
I had my optical cable run through the wall...and also a power bridge helped hide power cables for the tv and playbar.
Userlevel 2
Hello,

While I do not know how the Sonos videos are produced, and am not involved in the process at all, my guess is that the colors of the materials involved matched and thus it was possible to hide them from sight.

Kind regards,

Björn L.
Hello,

While I do not know how the Sonos videos are produced, and am not involved in the process at all, my guess is that the colors of the materials involved matched and thus it was possible to hide them from sight.

Kind regards,

Björn L.

Its a shame to have such an incredible system, the play bar, and not have a dual set of plugs so to hide the wires. This is very disappointing. For me, it is a deal breaker. A clean wall mount would not show any wires exposed. Unless, there are 90 degree adapters for the power, optical, and ethernet plugs. Sonos should fix this problem with either deeper seated plugs or a second set of plugs on the backside to hide into the wall. Otherwise, the best system on the market.

Larry
I buried them in the wall. The power and optical go in through the hole in the center of the bracket, and come out just behind the television. I installed an outlet and surge protector behind the television that accepts power cords from the sides to maintain the low profile of the television.
Just so this is noted, just putting the power cord in the wall is likely a code violation in many jurisdictions because it's a fire hazard. Those cables aren't designed for that use. Any fire caused by this set up would not be covered by your insurance policy. Be warned.
@SupaFurry/et al: It is a code violation - that said - insurance companies cover stupidity - so event of a fire caused by such "stupidity" would in fact be covered. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Um, SupraFurry hasn't been back in 11 months...