Answered

How to connect new beam to our existing play 3 speakers in same room

• 22 July 2018
  • 7 replies

• Contributor I
  • 4 replies
Just bought the new beam and not sure how and if we connect this to our existing 3 speakers, seem to have missed those instructions, Beam connected to TV and working fine, but no sound from the play 3s
icon

Best answer by ratty 22 July 2018, 14:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Got it, will do that. We have a smart TV and access to Netflix and Chromecast . Will check this out as you instructed and got the DD now. Thanks so much for great help. All good for today;)
DD5.1 = Dolby Digital 5.1. If you have a smart TV or, say, an Amazon FireTV or Chromecast, much of the online content should be in 5.1. Some cable/satellite channels will be 5.1. Some terrestrial HD channels may be in 5.1 too.

You can inspect what audio the Beam is actually receiving by looking in Settings/About My Sonos System.
Ratty, ok getting some of this. But I must admit to you I am a beginner to all this - how do I try some DD5.1 content, what is this and where and how do I find it ?:8, Thanks for your gudiance
The Play:3 surrounds will be working for TV as well, but you might not hear much from them on a lot of programme content. With a stereo or DD2.0 broadcast there's little ambient information to send to the back channels. Try some DD5.1 content.
Got that to work, thanks, for music. Now another further question, beam connected to TV and all good, but i assume it is not possible to connect the 2 play 3s to beam and have Tv come through the play 3s as well. Pushing my luck here. Would Play 1 resolve this problem?
many thanks will try this now
Settings/Room Settings/(Beam room)/Add Surrounds