Answered

How much vacancy on both sides of Arc?

• 19 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

I have placed an order on an Amp and a pair of stands to place my Wharfedales. The idea at first was to sell the Arc and use the speakers and Sub with Amp as a stereo music/HT setup. Now I'm beginning to think what if I am disappointed with the stereo+phantom center performance for DD+ material. So I thought if that's the case i would keep Arc and Sub for TV and just use the Amp and speakers for music. The Wharfedales have a big woofer and go down to 40Hz so should be awesome for music.

The issue is the speaker stands which would be obstructing the Arc side speakers. The side speakers vacancy would be around 30cm. Is this enough? I should mention my room is terrible, I get 0 virtual surround effect and my sound stage is very ordinary. So I am guessing I'm not loosing much by obstructing the side speakers? 

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 April 2021, 15:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Ideally you want zero obstruction of the side drivers of the Arc so the sound can reflect off of the side walls of your room to help create the virtual surround effect. But if you are already getting “0 virtual surround” in your room without any obstruction, then it probably won’t make much of a difference.