Question

How do I add a TV channel in Sonos Apps?

• 29 January 2017
  • 9 replies

I wish to subscribe to Eurosport but don't want to sit at the PC and watch it. Is there anyway I can add Eurosport player to my Sonos Apps?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Not unless there is a Eurosport radio channel. Else you could connect via a line out connection. Sonos is a Music player primarily.
OK maybe I have the wrong end of the stick, however my Samsung TV has Samsung apps where I can view i player etc etc youtube and so on. However it relies on Sonos for the wifi link. So hence my question, I gues now that it is controlled by Samsung via the sonos? No idea tbh
It doesn't rely on Sonos for the wifi link. Sonos is a music system that requires a network. What are you using Sonos for at the moment? What are you hoping to use it for?
OK I have a Sonos sound bar and two Play 3 in the living room, these play the audio for the tv with surround sound. Obviously I can also play music through it with the Sonos App. However as my TV is not a smart TV then the wifi (I assume) is through the sound bar? This doubles up to use the Samsung Apps (I also assume) to connect my wifi to my TV? Correct me if I am wrong, but I watch BBC I player etc etc through this.
I also have 2 play 1's in the kitchen purely for music.
So as it seems I get wifi TV through my Sound bar, I was hoping to get Eurosport
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You can use the Sonos Mesh as a wi fi network but I don't think that is what you are talking about.

The soundbar gets its audio from the TV via the optical in, not via wi fi from the TV. The rest of the music you play on the Sonos would be via wi-fi though. So whatever is playing on the TV will come out through the sound bar, not sure if this can be streamed to the rest of the house though as I don't own a s soundbar, but someone will confirm no doubt,
OK thanks for your reply, after a little more research I think I will have to get Chromecast to do what I want.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Yes that are similar such as the Amazon Fire TV stick.
You can use the Sonos Mesh as a wi fi network but I don't think that is what you are talking about.

The soundbar gets its audio from the TV via the optical in, not via wi fi from the TV. The rest of the music you play on the Sonos would be via wi-fi though. So whatever is playing on the TV will come out through the sound bar, not sure if this can be streamed to the rest of the house though as I don't own a s soundbar, but someone will confirm no doubt,
Yes TV and music audio can be distributed to the rest of the Sonos system simply by grouping, but only music will sync perfectly.
OK thanks for your reply, after a little more research I think I will have to get Chromecast to do what I want.That may well be the case... but it sounds like your TV can connect to your wifi, and you have apps, are you sure it isn't a smart TV??!! Because one thing is for sure, it isn't Sonos that's giving you that functionality.