Home Theater setup with Beam & 2 Play 1's

• 19 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Can someone help me to figure out how to confirm my 2 Play1s are working/installed properly with my Beam? I'm sure there's a way to check on the Sonos app, but I need help.

When I put my ear to the play1s, as a movie is playing, there's sound from the beam (playbar) but it doesn't seem there is sound coming from the play1s. My 2 play1s are located on each side of my tv, with the Beam in the middle below my tv. How do I check this? Thanks! PS--I have had a Play1 for sometime in another room, but only for music.

Second, can anyone point me a link on how to setup my beam & 2 play1s with my Amazon Fire Stick that has Alexa?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello, melb214. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you check out About My Sonos System, you should be able to see how your Sonos system is configured and the signal it is receiving.

The Amazon Fire Stick is unable to pair with Sonos like i can with an Amazon Echo device. If you want the two to talk to one another, you want to make sure your Sonos system is set up with the same Amazon account as the account linked to the Fire Stick.

Let us know if you still run into problems and I'll be happy to point you in the right direction. Thanks!
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
My 2 play1s are located on each side of my tv, with the Beam in the middle below my tv.
I'm curious why you have it setup like this. Beam is meant to be the front 3 channels, and then add 2 speakers as surround channels.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
I have a similar set up with 2 x Play: 1s either side of the TV, plus a Sonos Sub, purely for playing music at present. If I was to purchase a Beam, is it possible to use the Plays as front left and right speakers to provide a wider soundstage? I’m not planning on adding rear speakers.
I have a similar set up with 2 x Play: 1s either side of the TV, plus a Sonos Sub, purely for playing music at present. If I was to purchase a Beam, is it possible to use the Plays as front left and right speakers to provide a wider soundstage? I’m not planning on adding rear speakers.

No. It is not possible.