Question

Home Theater Projectors with Optical Audio Out

• 30 May 2017
  • 6 replies

Can any one suggest a projector with optical audio out capability? It doesn't seem like an option on most projectors.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

As near as I can tell, most people who have projectors tend to use switches to pull out the optical from HDMI before it reaches the projector, so that they're not limited in what other features they want in the projector. There's a thread here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/ask-a-question-228987/optical-connector-converters-6787296/index1.html

where a couple of them from Flexson are linked, but there's a lot of others from various manufacturers. You may want to look through some of the posts in the Home Theater section of these boards, and see what others are using to good effect. And a quick Amazon search would be able to find a bunch that you could choose from, depending on your own needs.
You posted earlier about the Flexson switch box. I'm going to order that. I've attached a diagram as to how I'm going to make it work. Let me know what you think.
Looks like how I'd do it, if I had to.
So the Flexson does not ship to my address. I'm going to try this one Tendak 4 x 1 HDMI Switch with Audio Out Optical

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HM1RP6G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A36PN40E750046

I'm just hoping it does not have an impact on the audio.
Looks like it would work fine, to me. I've never seen any comments from folks in these forums indicating any impact on the audio. It doesn't do any processing of the audio, just spits out the signal, so there really shouldn't be any impact.
So I'm using the Tendak 4x1 HDMI Switch with Audio Out Optical. It works well. My only complaint is using the remote to switch between each source, but other than that it works really well.