Question

Home Theater in Bedroom setup

• 31 October 2020
  • 1 reply

We would like to add surround sound to our Master Bedroom, and we are looking to use the Sonos Wall or Ceiling Speakers along with the Arc and a Subwoofer but we have some questions. Our dimensions are 18’4” x 14’6”:

How many speakers would we need, aside from the Arc and the Subwoofer? 

For the rear speakers would you recommend Wall Speakers at mid back wall, or Ceiling Speakers?

Would you recommend Stand Speakers (play 1, etc.) instead of the Ceiling or Wall Speakers?

If money were no problem, how would you design your perfect Home theater in a bedroom?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If money were no problem, I would go for a full surround set up (home cinema receiver and lots of speakers) probably using a Port to get this system connected to my Sonos set up. This would however also be a lot less practical than using Sonos.

So if you go the Sonos route, I’d go for the Arc and the Sub, with two One SL’s (or Five’s but that would maybe be a but much) as surrounds. This way you can place the surrounds at the right hight and angle, much better than in ceiling speakers. Sonos only allows for a 5.1 set up for surround (FL, Center and FR in the Arc, left and right rear speakers for surround - theres no “mid back” in Sonos, and the Sub), so you cannot use more speakers. If you want to go for (passive) in wall or in ceiling speakers for surround you would also need a Sonos Amp.