Home Theater and Television Recommendation Megathread

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

254 replies

Does the Sony kdl50w805b is capable for Sonos surround? I can't find him back on the list
Can I use play 3 as a boost to my play bar rather than a surround sound speaker? I am having trouble hearing dialog from the sound bar even though it’s turned loud
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can I use play 3 as a boost to my play bar rather than a surround sound speaker? I am having trouble hearing dialog from the sound bar even though it’s turned loud
Hi

Yes just group the Play:3 with the Playbar in the Sonos App and the TV option will be heard on both devices.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
HDMI Switcher recommendations from the community:
Octava HD-41
Monoprice ARC version 7974

Can this list be updated with any more and/or newer recommendations? Monoprice confirmed for me that the ARC version 7974 HDMI switch does not exist anymore. The Octava HD-41 Switch is ~$250. No thanks. I currently own the $40 Kinivo 510BN HDMI switch, and per other user comments, it does not support DD5.1 pass through. I bought an LG 60PB5600 plasma TV (one of the last plasmas made, I believe. I refuse to switch to LED), and I confirmed with LG that it also does not support DD5.1 pass through. I'm looking for other HDMI switch recommendations that are confirmed to work. Thanks!

If you find a switch that works well please let us know. I found this new one on Amazon, looks promising but the reviews are not very detailed.

https://www.amazon.com/FiveHome-Extractor-Splitter-Optical-Supports/dp/B076XV1LVS/ref=sr_1_4?m=A3LVDVG1JBPA0&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1512670503&sr=1-4

I'm happy to update that list as well with community recommendations.

I purchased a ViewHD Prosumer HDMI 3x1, Model: VHD-PRO3X1i w/ audio extraction for use with my new Play Bar. It works nicely with my equipment, X1 Infinity box, Sony BD Player and Sony TV. The Sonos App shows 5.1 with ARC (From TV) or while in standard extract mode. I use ARC so the Play Bar goes silent when I turn the TV off. If not it will keep playing since X1 Infinity box does not shut off. I set the output of the X1 box and BD Player to 5.1 mode.