Question

Help me build my home theater!

• 20 March 2017
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone, first time poster here. I own 2 Play:1 speakers which i have set up through my house. Our current 55 inch TV is flickering and on its way out...so I'm convincing the wife it's time to upgrade our entire home theater set up.

I will be purchasing the Playbase on release and plan to pair it with the Sonos Sub and 2 more Play:1's for the 5.1 surround set up. Super excited! After reading through the forums however, I'm a little worried about the 5.1 setup through whatever new television I purchase. I scanned through the recommended TV's on the forum here and now feel overwhelmed.

What I'm interested in is a 65-70 Samsung, likely purchased at Costco or BestBuy. I'm partial to Samsung TV's but worried about potential audio issues with such an expensive purchase. Right now I'm leaning towards the KS900 series. My question is, will i be having any 5.1 issues with a newer Samsung television? I'm not to worried about the DTS issues as most of the movies we watch are streamed through our apple TV or netflix. Thank you so much for reading, I'm excited to take the plunge.

2 replies

Badge
Hi,
I have a Samsung UN65KS8000FXZA and a UBD-8500 player. With this set up you can definitely pass “re-encoded formats” to DD 5.1 to the SONOS 5.1 system. It works perfectly without any optical switchers. It looks wonderful and sounds as good as it looks, ok the sound is outstanding. It’s all in the audio setup menus on the two Samsung devices, if you dig a bit. If you jump to this Samsung setup and need any help just let me know!
Badge
"most of the movies we watch are streamed through our apple TV or netflix." OOPS missed that bit, I do not use the Apple equipment, sorry.